Monday, October 14, 2013

Yo-Yo's and Pearls

The first time I made a yo-yo, I was hooked.  They are such fun to make and add texture and flare to bags, clothing, placemats, bedding, and anything else you want to put them on:  book covers, electronic covers, head bands,... the possibilities are limitless.  Most of the time they are made from cotton fabrics, but I've had it in my mind to make this for a long time. 


This is made from a heavy cotton fabric.  Since most yo-yo's are made in colors, I thought it would be fun to use a solid and make them look dressy.  Thicker fabric makes a larger hole in the center of each one.  My intention was to find black faceted beads to put in the center.  I looked several places and struck out.  That's when I saw these big pearls.

So the lowly yo-yo that came about as a way to use every scrap of fabric during hard times, turned into a very elegant evening bag, loaded with texture and style.

What do you think?  The zipper pull has a black cord and a big pearl dangling off it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog