Saturday, October 27, 2012

Homemade Deodorant

Concerned about the aluminum in antiperspirants?  Here's a wallet friendly version you can make at home for pennies with no worries.  It reminds me of the old Secret deodorant that came in a jar when I was a teenager.



I've been using this homemade version for a few months and am very happy with it.  Here's how to make it:

Mix equal parts cornstarch, baking soda, and coconut oil.  (I used 1/4 cup each).  Warm the coconut oil until it melts.  Mix baking soda and cornstarch into the coconut oil.  If you want it scented, add a few drops of your favorite essential oil.

Spoon mixture into a jar.  In warm weather, it will be softer and in cooler weather will harden up.  To use, rub onto arm pits with finger tips.

2 comments:

  1. I've been using your recipe for several days now and it's working great! My house is VERY cold right now so it's hard and I have to scrap-out a bit and it starts to melt as soon as I put it on my fingertips so it's easy to use. I added just a few drops of pure lavender oil to the recipe and placed the deodorant in a pretty jar. I'm going to try it pressed into an old push-up deodorant container next, and leave it in cosmetic box in the refrigerator on hot days. Thank you for sharing this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. Yes, you'd want to keep it cold if you put it in the deodorant container. Even in the summer when I mowed the lawn, it worked amazingly well. Mmmmmm. The lavender sounds nice. I'll have to try that.

    ReplyDelete

Search This Blog