Saturday, June 1, 2013

Chenille Bunny












































When I saw this chenille bunny pattern at www.sew4home.com, I had to make it for my granddaughter.  It has a vintage feel with the chenille and cotton print combination.

I went to the local JoAnn's to look for cotton chenille, but they said they didn't have any and didn't know where to get it.  Their shelves were full of polyester chenille, but personally, I can't stand the feel of it.  Cotton chenille, on the other hand, brings back the pink chenille bedspread I had and loved as a child.  I'm a big fan of cotton and soft comfy things.  After searching the internet, I found chenille at Chenille Magic. (www.chenillemagic.com)  I ordered a soft lavender chenille and it came way before I expected it and was a very good quality fabric.  I'll order from them again the next time I sew with chenille.

If you love to sew and haven't been to the Sew4Home site, check it out.  It's cram-packed with fun things to make for the home, clothing, toys, and just about anything else you can think of.  The patterns are free and print out full size for the ones I've used.
The pattern had adorable black button eyes sewn on with "X's", but my granddaughter just turned four months old and I was concerned about the buttons falling off and becoming a choking hazard, so I cut pieces of black felt and sewed them on.  Then I put a white French knot on each one so the eyes didn't look dead.  Finally, I added eye lashes.
 
The sweet nose and mouth are a big pink "X" stitched on with the top part filled in.
The tail is a big variegated yarn pom-pom.

 
This sweet little bunny is all texture and softness and cuddly and easy to hold with floppy ears, arms, and legs.  I hope she likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog