Friday, August 9, 2013

Saving Water

The orangey glow was almost gone when I got up yesterday morning, but the shades instantly reminded me of the saying, "Red sky at morning, sailor take warning."

We don't get much rain in Northern Nevada.  I've been here almost four years and we have gone as long as two years between rains, so when we do get rain, it's a big deal.


When raindrops drummed against the window, I ran for a bucket to place at the edge of the roof to catch as much of the precious water as I could, before standing on the front porch and watching the five minute gully-washer we were lucky to receive.  Water from Heaven is so much more nourishing to plants than chlorinated water. 

 
I'll judiciously use the rain water on the houseplants and my herb garden on the patio.  These plants are  lemon trees.  I cut into a lemon with an abundance of seeds and decided to plant them.  It took over a month for them to sprout, but it is a beautiful plant and I've already shared some of them with a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog