Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fashion Backward

I have to admit having a thing for fashions from the 1930's and 1940's.  This economy will have an effect on everything.  Today I ran across this picture from an article on  ladylike fashions. 
Several decades were represented in the clothing, but I have to say this one resonnated with me and I love the colors.  I've been wanting a large clutch bag as well.  You can see the rest of the clothing here:

http://www.realsimple.com/beauty-fashion/clothing/portrait-lady-00000000040848/index.html

Today I had lunch with my husband and saw several groups of scantily clad people who were covered more by tattoos and dreadlocks than clothing.  Call me old fashioned, but I love these classic styles in beautiful fabrics.  They are timeless and if someone stops to stare at you, it will be because you look nice, not the other way around.

Anyway, the point is that fashions generally get more conservative and subdued in coloring when the economy gets bad.  When things improve, clothing will become brighter and more playful.  I've seen this happen over and over.  While I wish the economy were better, I'm so glad to see beautiful clothing like this on the horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog